In this article, we’ll talk about how to charge your Magic keyboard the correct way. But you might be thinking: Do I really need to know how to charge a keyboard, while the whole process is pretty straightforward? Well, that might be, but this article will also teach you when to charge your keyboard, the best way to keep your battery healthy, how to connect it to another device wirelessly, and much more.
What you need to know in a nutshell
- Does your iPhone not charge anymore? Try cleaning your iPhone charging port, as it may solve your charging problem.
- Take apart a mini-compressed air canister, position it properly and spray dust and debris from your iPhone’s charging port.
- Unplug your phone, flip it over and gently press on either side of the port while brushing any dust out.
Does a Magic Keyboard Need To Be Charged?
The answer is Yes. Apple’s Magic Keyboard is wirelessly, and thus it needs to be charged. However, you can also keep it connected to your iMac (or another machine), and therefore, you don’t have to charge it. But I wouldn’t recommend that since your battery lifespan may decrease over time. Besides, the battery of the magic keyboard stays, unlike many other keyboards, powered up for a long time.
How to charge your Magic Keyboard
Apple’s Magic Keyboard comes with a lightning cable in the box. Plug this cable at the front of the keyboard, and connect the USB-C to a charging port. This can be your iMac’s port or even a USB power adapter.
The steps to charge your Magic Keyboard are as follow:
- First, plug the lightning cable into your keyboard at the front.
- Connect then the USB-C side of the line to your iMac (or another machine).
- Your keyboard will now get charged as long as it is connected to a power source (such as an iMac, wall charger, etc.).
How Do I Know If My Magic Keyboard is Fully Charged?
Like I said previously, try to keep track of the battery level of your keyboard. Then, you need to unplug it from its power source the moment it hits 100%. This is a good habit to maintain because of two things: A) The Magic Keyboard is known for its power-saving mode, which allows it to last for more than a month! And B) this way, its battery lifespan lasts much longer.
But how to know when your Magic Keyboard is entirely charged?
If you have a Mac, then you can check the battery life in your Control Center under the section Bluetooth. Here is how you open this section:
- In the upper left corner of your screen, click on the Control Center icon in the menu bar.
- Click then on Bluetooth
- You should now see the Magic Keyboard among other connected devices.
- The battery level of your keyboard is indicated with a percentage.
How Long Does The Battery Of The Magic Keyboard Last?
Apple’s Magic Keyboard is one of the few keyboards on the market that can last up to a month. This is, of course, based on its battery level. If the keyboard is fully charged, then it may even exceed 30 days. But this timespan can differ depending on your usage.
The best part is that you don’t have to think about switching the keyboard off since it knows when to save its battery. So if you don’t use it for a while, the keyboard switches over to its low-power mode. It turns on the moment you start typing on the keyboard.
Will I Get a Charger When I Buy The Magic Keyboard?
Yes, you will get a charger when you buy the Magic Keyboard. You will get the same lightning charger as what you use to charge your iPhone. The only part that Apple doesn’t include in the box is the wall charger. But that doesn’t matter since you can use your Mac as a power source.
Just for your information
You will not get a wall charger with the Magic Keyboard.
Does the Magic Keyboard Have Touch ID?
Apple sells two kinds of Magic Keyboards. One with Touch ID and one without Touch ID. The one with Touch ID is usually bundled with the new Apple Silicon iMac 2021. Note that the Touch ID variant comes only with the 8-core CPU and GPU version. You can also buy this keyboard separately.
Where can I find the Magnifier app on my iPhone?
To find the Magnifier app on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Swipe down from the middle of the screen to open the spotlight search.
- In the search bar at the top of the screen, type “Magnifier” and wait for the app to appear in the search results.
- Once you see the Magnifier app icon, tap on it to open the app.
Alternatively, you can also access the Magnifier app by following these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Locate the “Settings” app, which is represented by a gray gear icon, and tap on it to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Accessibility,” which is denoted by a white circle with a person inside.
- In the Accessibility settings, scroll down again and tap on “Magnifier.”
- Toggle the Magnifier switch to the on position. This will add the Magnifier functionality to the Control Center of your iPhone.
- To access Magnifier quickly, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen (on iPhone X or later) or from the bottom of the screen (on iPhone 8 or earlier) to open the Control Center. You will see the Magnifier icon represented by a small magnifying glass – tap on it to open the Magnifier app.
That’s it! You have now found the Magnifier app on your iPhone either through spotlight search or by enabling it in the Control Center.
Benefited From This Article? Spread The Word : )