Restarting (or force restarting) an iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro doesn’t have to be a tedious task. As a matter of fact, the steps are pretty straightforward, and I have laid them down for you in this article.
Good To Know
- To restart your iPhone 13 or 13 Pro, first press and hold both the Side button and the Volume Down button at the same time.
- Restarting an iPhone 8 model or earlier, hold down only the Side button. When the slider that asks you to power off appears onscreen, release the Side button.
How to Restart your iPhone 13 (Pro)
With the introduction of the iPhone X, Apple changed the functions of the Side button. The Side button now has more functions that only lock your iPhone. It activates Siri, alerts Emergency SOS, Restarts and Force Restarts your iPhone and a couple more function. As a result of this, the restart process is different from the way it was with older models.
To restart the iPhone 13 (Or even the iPhone 12, iPhone 11 and iPhone X models) go through the following steps:
- First, you should simultaneously press and hold the side button and the volume down button. Pressing the volume up button can have the unintended consequence of taking a screenshot.
- After you see the slide to power off slider, let go of the Side and Volume Down buttons.
- If you drag the slider to the right, the phone will turn off.
- After 15-30 seconds, the iPhone will be turned off.
- This time, press and hold only the Side button until the Apple logo reappears.
- Stop pressing on the side button after seeing the Apple logo on the screen. The iPhone will now start up.
How to Force Restart your iPhone 13 (Pro)
The main purpose of a normal restart is to resolve common iPhone-related problems. In cases like if the iPhone is frozen and won’t respond to pressing the Side button, then a force restart is necessary. You have nothing to worry about, though. A restart or force restart does not delete any data or settings on your iPhone.
To force restart the iPhone 13 (Or even the iPhone 12, iPhone 11 and iPhone X models) go through the following steps:
- Hold the Volume Up button for about a second and then release it.
- Hold down the Volume Down button for a second, then release it.
- Now, press and hold the Side button. You can ignore the “Slide to Power Off” slider that appears.
- Keep pressing until you see the Apple Logo on your iPhone screen.
- Once the logo appears, release pressing the Side button.
- Now, just wait while your phone reboots.
And those were the steps to Restart and Force Restart your iPhone 13 (Pro). These steps are also applicable for the iPhone 12 (Pro), the iPhone 11 (Pro), the iPhone XS, the iPhone X, the iPhone XR, and the iPhone SE 2
Frequently Asked Questions
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 13 (Pro)?
Easy. Just hold both the Side Button and the Volume Up button at the same time, and your iPhone will take a screenshot of your screen.
How to screen record on iPhone 13 (Pro)?
To create a screen recording, open your Settings app > then scroll down to Control Center > scroll down to Screen Recording and tap the + icon. You’ve now added the screen recording function to your Control Center. Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen and tap Record and wait for the countdown. When in record mode, the red button will indicate that you are recording.
- How To Restart and Force Restart Your Apple Watch
- How to Clean Your iPhone Charging Port
- How To Tell If Your Apple Lightning Cable is Original or Fake
- This is How You Connect Your MacBook To Your TV
- How To Make Your Own Custom Charging Sound For iPhone