The fastest way to free up space on your iPhone is by getting rid of unwanted pictures. This is how you do it.
This article In a Nutshell
This is how you mass delete multiple pictures on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to your Photo app and make sure to have the All Photos tab selected.
- Tap Select on the upper right corner of your screen and select one or multiple pictures that you want to delete.
- Tap on the Trash Can on the lower right corner of your screen and confirm by tapping on Delete Photo.
- To remove the deleted photos for good, tap Albums, scroll down to your Recently Deleted folder and tap on it. Select your recently deleted pictures by tapping Select on the upper corner of your screen and hit Delete All.
How to delete Multiple pictures From your iPhone at once
Since I remember, there isn’t a button that allows iPhone users to delete all their photos at once. You need to select your unwanted pictures to be able to delete them. But Apple made it possible to multiple select pictures very quickly so that we don’t have to repeat the deleting process at every single picture.
- Go to the Apple Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the All Photos tab at the bottom corner of your screen to access your photos.
- Select the pictures you’re intended to delete by tapping Select on the upper-right corner of your iPhone screen.
- Tap on the Trash Can icon on the lower-left corner of your screen. This way, you delete the images you just selected.
Use Your Mac to Delete Unwanted Photos on Your iPhone or iPad
You can mass deleting photos on your iPhone or iPad with your Mac ass well. As a matter of fact, deleting pictures this way is an even faster process. But there is one requirement to make this possible. That is, having your iMac and iPhone connected through iCloud. This process is also known as syncing a Mac with other devices, such as the iPhone and iPad.
This is what you need to do to delete unwanted pictures on your iPhone or iPad with a Mac.
- Open your Photos App on your Mac and make sure the Library tab is selected.
- Please select one or multiple pictures by tapping on the picture itself. Select multiple pictures, press and hold your command button (⌘) and select the images you want to delete.
- You can also press command (⌘) A to select all your pictures at once.
- Press the backspace key and confirm that you’re sure about deleting those pictures.
- The deleted pictures will now be in your Recently Deleted tab. To eliminate your delete pictures, open this tab and select all your pictures by hitting command (⌘) A and hitting your backspace key again.
- Confirm that you permanently want to delete the photo (or photos) by clicking on Delete.
- Your pictures are now deleted forever.
Please note that it’s impossible to get these pictures back after permanently deleting them from the Recently Deleted tab.
You can select multiple pictures at once by clicking and holding the command (⌘) key and selecting the desired pictures.